The annual Bluff Land Triathlon hosted by the Foundation for R-P Schools.
This event funds scholarships for Rushford-Peterson High School seniors.
In 2020, 16 students received $500 scholarships!
This year’s event is
August 21, 2021 – 9:30am
The Bluff Land Triathlon is held in the beautiful Rushford Peterson Valley. It is hosted by the Foundation of Rushford-Peterson Schools and annually raises money for scholarships for Rushford-Peterson High School seniors.
The event brings in participants with a great range of abilities from experienced triathletes to individuals who have a goal of finishing a triathlon for the first time. Ages also range from pre-teen to senior citizens. We have families and friends do it together year after year. If you are doing this for the first time you can rest assured that we have volunteers spaced along the route to assist and encourage. Our volunteers cheer for everyone! Yes, even if you are the last remaining person on the course, our volunteers will be there at the end to help you celebrate your achievement.
The Bluff Land Tri consists of:
- 3.1 mile run – Starts at Creekside and goes toward Houston on the Root River Trail.
- 15.5 mile bike – Starts at Creekside and goes past Peterson on the Root River Trail, and returns along the same route.
- 2.1 mile hike – Starts at Creekside and goes to the top of Magelssen Bluff and back down.
- Individual Entry (Run-Bike-Hike) $50.00
- 3-Person Relay Entry $75.00
- Student Individual Run-Bike-Hike Rate (under 18) Entry $25.00
- Student 3-Person Relay Rate (under 18) Entry $45.00
Route Maps and Information
Creekside Park Directions
The Bluff Land Tri starts and stops at Creekside Park in Rushford. All the transitions happen here. Parking is available.
Thank you to our 2021 Sponsors
Anderson Auto – Norman’s Electric – Pigtail Woodworks – Rushford Lutheran Men’s Club – Rushford Lutheran Women
Contact BluffLandTriathlon@gmail.com with questions.